Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I ♥ BOOKS - Bill Bryson



I got my English teacher nerd on this week.  I read Bill Bryson's Shakespeare

Bill Bryson can make some of the most boring and most technical stuff on this planet understandable, so I was looking forward to reading his biography.  It was pretty cool!

Apparently so much of what I know about Shakespeare really is just stuff that people have made up or surmised. I loved when Bryson admitted that the reason why is book was 'so slender' was because the aim was to 'see how much of Shakespeare we can know, really know' (2009, p.21).

We have a few other of his books, I like his language studies, and C likes his science and travel stuff.

With holidays coming up, I'll have more time to devote to reading - but I'll also want to sew and spend time chatting, maybe watching TV shows,,, and possibly some house work.


No comments:

Post a Comment