Monday, November 28, 2011

Chia Seep Experiment 4 - Vanilla Coconut Pudding

I have such a sweet tooth at times.

For one thing, I love Pepsi Max - it's so sweet and lovely. I'm trying to go cold turkey off it for a little while, the first few days were awful with headaches etc. Last night I broke down and bought a Diet Coke (because there wasn't any Pepsi Max) but karma kicked me in the bum because when I got home and opened the bottle,,, it was flat and off.  Oh well. That's what you get for trying to cheat yourself and from buying it at the dodgy corner store.

I saw this recipe from Delighted Momma, and thought I would have a go. I did have to change it because I don't have almond milk. I really don't think we would be able to get it here, but I did find some recipes for it that I would like to try. Unfortunately I don't have a food processor - yet - I've been saving up for a Kitchen Aid one.

Anyway, it was okay. Not exactly the pudding I am used to, but it was sweet and filling with a little bit of texture.


So here is my recipe:

1 cup of milk
1 tspn artificial sugar - maybe a little more
1/3 cup of chia seeds - maybe a little more
1/2 tspn of vanilla essence
1/4 cup shredded coconut

  1. Mix the milk and the sugar together until sugar dissolves.
  2. Mix all the ingredients together
  3. Stand for 5 minutes
  4. Stir and stand until totally thickened

Edit: On second and third attempts to eat this, I've decided that it's actually pretty bad.  The texture!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment