Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ahh the holidays

Love it.

I get to have a laze in bed with a cat while I catch up on my feedly.

I get to workout and not worry that I will be too sore tomorrow. This holiday I'm challenging myself with Jillian Michaels (nothing new there) with her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I am picking and choosing which segments though - no star jumps or floor work for me this holidays.

I got to see a friend who was home for the holidays, yesterday for brunch - BLT foccicia - yum.

I get to play with recipes. I have my vegies for tonight in the slow cooker and I just made a very small batch of laraballs.  I kept seeing them and their bar equivalent on Pinterest so I thought I would give it a shot.


Laraballs
1/2 cup of cashews (salted because that's what I had), 
1/2 cup of dates, 
30gm dark chocolate

Food process those suckers. Add a small splash of water to soften it a little if needed. Roll them up.  Makes 8 3cm balls.



Yum!  I want to try apricots and pineapple as a fruit base next and use coconut.

It's not been all fun and games around here though - I did a little bit of planning for my next term of school and I worked on my ever growing pile of (clean) washing.

What's next? I think I might do a little sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment