Sunday, February 05, 2012

My daily meals


I thought I would post about what I usually eat:

Breakfast
Up and Go popper
AND
Piece of homemade wholemeal banana and almond bread thawed from frozen
OR
2 homemade wholemeal pikelets thawed from frozen
OR
Nut bar
I should have fruit here!!!
I'm also too lazy to eat breakfast cereal!!!

Lunch (@ work - I usually only have 20 or so minutes to eat lunch before I’m on playground duty)
Cold cut meat on a tortilla
OR
Can of tuna on 6 Vitawheats
OR
Leftovers
OR
Chicken salad burger on Thursdays from tuckshop


Afternoon Tea (@ work - usually eaten on the go or at my desk and is rarely finished)
¼ cup of mixed nuts and dried fruit – almonds, cashews, goji berries, cherries, pineapple, pawpaw
OR
Homemade oat and dark chop chip wholemeal brownie thawed from frozen


Afternoon Snack
4 squares of dark chocolate
AND
Popcorn
OR
Apple with peanut butter
OR
3-4 rice/corn cakes with a little margarine – before you go and rant – Australian marg has the lowest level of trans fats in the world plus I use a cholesterol lowering one (Flora Pro-Active Lite)
OR
Cheese on 6 Vitawheats with a little margarine
OR
Yoghurt (with chia seeds if I remember)


Dinner
Depends on who is cooking –
Tonight I’m making poached eggs and smoked salmon on a toasted whole meal bun with a little margarine.
Tomorrow night I’m making spinach ravioli in tomato pasta sauce.
The day after that I will probably have stir fry.


Liquid
I usually drink 600ml-1 litre of water at work. I probably drink a cup in the morning and after workouts.  I also drink a cup when I get home from work and some at night before bed. I drink straight from a big bottle. I also have been allowing myself 600ml of Pepsi Max a day - maximum! I don't drink tea or coffee - it's crazy to want to drink boiling water when it's easily 35C - I don't understand how people do it. I will also drink 200ml of UHT milk every now and then.


Analysis
As you can see I’m not a big fruit and veg eater – I’m so bad. I should add a fruit for breakfast and add carrot sticks for an afternoon snack. For most of my baking I use Spenda or just reduce the sugar amount. On the weekends I'm a little looser with what I will eat, for instance C might buy me a pie, have a handful of chips, and every Friday we go out for dinner at the pub - were I will have 1-2 drinks.

On a side note - I went for my walk to the shops. The owner thought I was a little crazy walking in the heat. The straps on my backpack killed my sunburn.




No comments:

Post a Comment