Sunday, January 27, 2013

Aussie Curves - Texture

First week back at work - well for three days. Everyday I wore a new outfit and many people complimented me - I still don't know how to handle compliments. I actually ran a professional development session on Wednesday about personality types and I began with their different reactions to a compliment.

I use the D.O.P.E. which stands for dove - owl -peacock - eagle. Google it - it's fun!

I have strong traits of owl and dove. So the owl in me wants to avoid the compliment by giving facts, 'I got this dress on sale at Myer.' The dove in me starts to wonder if what I usually wear isn't nice enough to receive complaints, literally 'Don't I normally look nice?' So you start to doubt yourself.

An eagle would wonder or even simply ask 'What do you want?'. Whereas a peacock prompts the compliment, 'Do you like my new dress?'

I ended up taking photos of each outfit because I thought I looked good in each of them. I'll start with Friday though because that was this week's challenge - texture.
















FRIDAY
Jeans - Autograph
Top - Target
Necklace - Lovisa
Shoes - Rubi


Obviously the necklace blew people away. This one was technically from my brother for Christmas although I chose it.





THURSDAY
Top - Big W
Skirt - Millers
Belt - I can't remember
Shoes - Rubi again
Necklace - Millers







WEDNESDAY
Dress - Myer - Leona Edmiston
Cami - Target
Shoes - Rubi once more
Necklace - Lovisa





No comments:

Post a Comment