Friday, January 25, 2013

I ♥ BOOKS


Author: Frances Hodgson Burnett
Title: The Secret Garden
How: Kindle

To be honest, that isn't the cover of my book.  Mine was the free version from Amazon, the one that converted by volunteers. I love these free ones, I love those volunteers.

These sorts of books make me feel warm and cozy and wish for a more simpler life. The children are true, the food is good, you can almost smell the dirt.

There is a little bit of religious stuff which I've now found out is Christian Science thanks to Wikipedia. But it's not in your face - I remember what I was like when I was their age (not too long ago hehe) and we were making up 'religions' and running around in the bush telling magic stories. And besides which it's historical ideology. But I do feel that the author's own personal voice becomes stronger during this section rather then the rest of the novel, if that makes sense. Who am I to judge though - I haven't written a novel - yet.

But it's so lovely. I want to marry Dickon when he grows up, that or steal his animals.  I want to play with the ivory elephants and find my own secret garden. I so would have loved exploring that house.

No comments:

Post a Comment