Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What I love about me Wednesday






I thought I would start posting something I love about me on Wednesdays - not every week though - I don't think I could keep that much of a schedule up.

My first thing that I'm going to share is my hair. On the weekend I trimmed the ends and re-coloured it. I took photos of my dying progress - just because.






Lots of people complain about their hair but I think I am really lucky. The only issue that I have with it is that isn't naturally purple.  I would love purple hair but because I buy my dye locally the closest I can get is a maroon.  I have bought some purple hair extensions though - they arrived today in the post!!!

I always had long hair when I was younger, and then when I started teaching I cropped it all off - boy cut style. I would then grow it out to shoulder length and then cut it all off again - I had a bit of a cycle going. I loved the shorter hair because I could bleach it blonde, and then go pink and if I didn't like it I would wait a few more weeks and get it shorn off again! Two years ago I decided that I would just keep growing it. I wanted to learn how to braid my own hair.

I bought myself a pair of hairdresser scissors and haven't been to a hairdressers since. I now sometimes use the razor to trim my ends. I trim every 4-6 weeks - basically whenever I decide to do my roots - taking off about 2-4 cm depending on how they look.

I use Moroccan oil after I wash my hair, which I try to keep to every third day, and use coconut oil every now and then.

I rarely blow dry or use anything hot on it.

I know it might be funny to be proud of, but I really love my hair.



No comments:

Post a Comment