I'm not doing the challenge - although I own a lot of altered clothes and I could use my jewellry to pad it out - I really don't have enough clothes that I made from scratch.
If I counted my bike shorts that I wear under skirts and dresses and my workout leggings then yes I would - but I don't really think they count.
This realization makes me sad. And then I remember that two years ago the only thing that I still had that I made myself was my wedding dress and a jacket that hasn't fit me for years. There once was I time that every skirt I owned I had made.
I realised recently that I am such a meat and potatoes sewer. I need leggings - I make them. I need bike pants - I make them. I need a black skirt - I make it.
Last weekend I did actually make an elasticated black skirt - nothing much to it - but it does have Spiderman pockets on the inside.
So I've decided my May is going to be Meat and Potatoes May. I'm going to make stuff that I need to wear and finish altering stuff that I need to change.
- Black t-shirts - my other black t-shirts are becoming mis-shapened
- White t-shirts - because I don't have them - except for the spotted one
- Take in all my jeggings - yes working out does make it hard to keep your jeggings from falling down. Even my new ones.
- Make a proper black skirt
- Make a polka dotted black skirt
- Make a gallaxy t-shirt and leggings
- Make a few kimono sleeved tops
This is the inspiration for my need for white shirts: